PhD internship: CAD$8000 for a full-time four-month internship
The Canadian Research Chair in Family Psychosocial Health at the Université du Québec en Outaouais is offering a scholarship to a researcher wishing to pursue PhD studies on the theme of family psychosocial health.
The Canadian Research Chair in Family Psychosocial Health
The goal of the Canadian Research Chair in Family Psychosocial Health, directed by Francine de Montigny, is to gain a better understanding of both the psychosocial health of fathers and mothers in the perinatal period and the related determinants (risk and protective factors), and to intervene more effectively, through exemplary professional practices, with respect to fathers and mothers with young children. The research looks at the development paths of fathers and mothers in various contexts of vulnerability, with special attention to men’s health-related behaviour. Mental health, perinatal death, immigration and poverty are examples of the contexts of vulnerability that are studied. At the heart of the Chair’s program is the development of concrete, innovative avenues for consolidating health care for families, as well as for strengthening nurses’ roles with respect to families and within interdisciplinary teams.
- Hold a Master's degree in a relevant discipline;
- Master use of databases, SSPS software and the main word processing software programs;
- Present a project that is related to the Chair's research themes and that will be carried out under the supervision of a researcher and associated coordinators;
- Demonstrate experience in conducting research and writing scientific articles in an area related to the research foci of the Canadian Research Chair in Family Psychosocial Health.
- N.B. It is preferable that the applicant be able to speak and understand French and read English; good knowledge of at least one of Canada's two official languages (English and French) is required.
- The internship lasts four months;
- The internship must be done in the framework of the activities of the Canadian Research Chair in Family Psychosocial Health;
- The $8000 scholarship can be combined with another scholarship; and
- The candidate has to participate in the Chair's regular activities and present the results of his or her activities before the end of the internship.
- A letter specifying the applicant's research interests and motives for doing an internship at the Canadian Research Chair in Family Psychosocial Health;
- An abstract of 300 words, maximum, concerning the project to be submitted to the Canadian Research Chair in Family Psychosocial Health ;
- The applicant's CV ;
- An abstract of the applicant's Master's project (1 page, maximum, single spaced, 2.5 cm margins, Arial 11);
- A transcript of the applicant's Master's and undergraduate grades;
- A sealed letter of recommendation from the applicant's Master's thesis director.
The application package must be sent to the Canadian Research Chair in Family Psychosocial Health at the following address:
Canadian Research Chair in Family Psychosocial Health
Attention: Ms Carol-Anne Langlois, Coordinator, National and International Partnerships
Université du Québec en Outaouais
Pavillon Alexandre-Taché, Office C-1816
283 boul. Taché, Post Office Box 1250, Postal Station "Hull "
Gatineau, QC J8X 3X7
Applications are accepted at any time. Only one scholarship is awarded per year.
Successful internship applicants will have:
- The possibility to combine the $8000 scholarship with another scholarship;
- An office equipped with all required computer equipment (computer, Internet access, printer, photocopier);
- Computer and organizational support; and
- If required, furnished accommodations near the university.